For first-time grant applicants, please review our eligibility requirements, grant guidelines, funding priorities and exclusions before submitting a Proposal, to ensure that your request for funds aligns with our goals, priorities and criteria.
PLEASE NOTE: In the fall of 2019, the Board of Trustees of the Cedarmere Foundation made a significant decision that impacts the selection of the organizations that will be invited to apply for future grants. In an effort to have a positive impact on the success and sustainability of as many nonprofit organizations in the Puget Sound region as possible, beginning in 2020, the Foundation will limit its grant support to those organizations that are themselves focused on building the capacity of other nonprofits, their leaders, and those who aspire to lead.
- Consideration of grant requests is by invitation only. Therefore, no unsolicited Letters of Inquiry or Proposals will be considered.
- Only applicants that qualify as 501(c)(3) tax-exempt public charities under the Internal Revenue Code will be considered and each must include a copy of its IRS determination letter when submitting a Letter of Inquiry.
- Applicants must be headquartered in the Puget Sound region of Washington State.
- Grant Proposals must be signed by the organization’s Executive Director.
The Cedarmere Foundation does not fund:
- Direct grants, scholarships or loans for the benefit of individuals
- Religious organizations for sectarian purposes
- Team sponsorships or individual athletic endeavors
- Political candidates, organizations or activities
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, gender, age, disability, race, religion, marital status or sexual orientation
- Private Foundations
In addition, the Cedarmere Foundation generally does not fund:
- Loans, operating deficits, investments or debt retirement
- General operating funds or annual fund drives
- Nonprofit organizations that are themselves grant making bodies
Photograph above courtesy of Kandelia (formerly the Vietnamese Friendship Association)