For first-time grant applicants, please review our eligibility requirements, grant guidelines, funding priorities and exclusions before submitting a Proposal, to ensure that your request for funds aligns with our goals, priorities and criteria.
- Consideration of grant requests is by invitation only. Therefore, no unsolicited Proposals will be considered.
- Only applicants that qualify as 501(c)(3) tax-exempt public charities under the Internal Revenue Code will be considered and each must include a copy of its IRS determination letter when submitting a Letter of Inquiry.
- Applicants must be focused on capacity building services within the nonprofit sector.
- Applicants must be headquartered in the Puget Sound region of Washington State.
- Grant Proposals must be signed by the organization’s Executive Director.
The Cedarmere Foundation does not fund:
- Direct grants, scholarships or loans for the benefit of individuals
- Religious organizations for sectarian purposes
- Team sponsorships or individual athletic endeavors
- Political candidates, organizations or activities
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, gender, age, disability, race, religion, marital status or sexual orientation
- Private Foundations
In addition, the Cedarmere Foundation generally does not fund:
- Loans, operating deficits, investments or debt retirement
- General operating funds or annual fund drives
Photograph above courtesy of Kandelia (formerly the Vietnamese Friendship Association)