Please review our eligibility requirements, grant guidelines, funding priorities and exclusions before submitting a Letter of Inquiry, to ensure that your project aligns with our goals, priorities and criteria.
- Consideration of grant requests is by invitation only. Therefore, no unsolicited Letters of Inquiry or Proposals will be considered.
- Only applicants that qualify as 501(c)(3) tax-exempt public charities under the Internal Revenue Code will be considered and each must include a copy of its IRS determination letter when submitting a Letter of Inquiry.
- Applicants must be headquartered in the Puget Sound region of Washington State.
- In an effort to target the foundation’s support to small, developing organizations, only applicants with annual operating budgets of less than $3 million will be considered.
- Letters of Inquiry and Grant Proposals must be signed by the organization’s Executive Director and Board Chair.
The Cedarmere Foundation does not fund:
- Direct grants, scholarships or loans for the benefit of individuals
- Religious organizations for sectarian purposes
- Team sponsorships or individual athletic endeavors
- Political candidates, organizations or activities
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, gender, age, disability, race, religion, marital status or sexual orientation
- Private Foundations
In addition, the Cedarmere Foundation generally does not fund:
- Loans, operating deficits, investments or debt retirement
- General operating funds or annual fund drives
- Nonprofit organizations that are themselves grant making bodies
Photograph above courtesy of the Vietnamese Friendship Association